The book that I would be reading is called the Old man and the Sea. This novel has the genre of literary fiction and was written by Ernest Miller Hemingway. He was born on July 21, 1899 and died on July 2, 1961. He was an American novelist, short-story writer, journalist, and sportsman. Hemingway produced most of his work between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s and he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. He published seven novels, six short-story collections, and two nonfiction works. Hemingway maintained permanent residences in Key West, Florida and in Cuba. He almost died in 1954 after plane crashes on successive days, with injuries leaving him in pain and ill health for much of the rest of his life. In 1959 he bought a house in Ketchum, Idaho where, in mid-1961, he died by suicide with a shotgun.
One of the main reasons that made me decide to choose this book was because I have heard a lot of it from my sister, who actually this is her favourite book. After she finished it she told me that it was excellent and some day I should read it too. I´m not exactly a reader but now I got the opportunity to read a new book. I believe that this can be a perfect opportunity to finally read it. I have the book at home and in the english version, so I believe that now is the perfect time.
The book takes place in Cuba, somewhere near the coast of Havana at a small fishing village off the coast, but the bulk of the novel takes place in Santiago's boat as he floats about the sea. And the time is in September of 1950.
Víctor Mauricio López Espadas
290 words
Wikipedia (2021). Ernest Hemingway. Retrieved from link. On March 7th, 2021.
Mauricio,
ReplyDeleteGreat first report. I have sent your feedback through Google Drive.
TB