As the fourth part of this review, Konosuba’s major events are really punctual and can be listed in four particular junctions of the story: when Kazuma meets Aqua and both are sent to the kingdom of Belzerg; Kazuma and Aqua meet Megumin and let her join the party; Kazuma learns steal and uses it against a certain enemy that I prefer not to mention in order to avoid spoilers; the party fights against one of the eight demon king generals, which will be omitted in this review to encourage the readers of this review to give a try to the novel.
Now, I have to say that Konosuba completely surpassed my expectations, because I thought a fantasy-comedy novel was going to be lacking in content and world development. However, it really proved me wrong by introducing charismatic characters and a world that actually felt alive, since not every moment of the story is focused solely on the protagonists. Actually, I have to say that I feel identified with Kazuma, because he feels like a normal person in a world that is way bigger than he is; he does not have any powers or superintelligence. Kazuma is just a normal guy with common sense and good luck, which makes him feel like a friend telling you his story.
Nevertheless, a good story cannot avoid having flaws. Probably because this is the first volume of a series of novels, Konosuba feels a little heavy to grasp since it takes some time to build its world, which might be a little daunting for new readers.
To conclude, Konosuba is a really great story with unique characters. It definitely makes you feel as part of its world through the various interactions the protagonists have. Moreover, these characters give a sensation of nostalgia, as if you were talking with a group of old friends from your youth. I really recommend this novel since it truly was an adventure for me, and yes, I will absolutely continue reading the series.
334 Words
Sorry for overextending, but this is one of my favorite books and wanted to do it justice in this review. Thanks for reading.
Diego Santiago Cervantes Chi
Diego,
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome piece of work! You really have made justice to the book with this review. I hope you continue reading the rest of the series. Your mark is: 100.
Regards,
TB