Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Reading Report 3: James and the Giant Peach

 I have already read more than half the book and the story is each time more interesting. Do you remember when I told you the peach was on the sea? Well, the story continued with some sharks getting around the big fruit. All the creatures got scared about them and they thought they had started to sink, so they asked little James for a plan to survive. 

At first, the boy’s idea was not a good one for them, but then, they accepted. Mrs. Spider and Silkworm were asked to create a lot of threads in order to catch enough seagulls to move the peach from that risky place. To me, the funniest part of this scene was when they had to convince the Earthworm to be the bait of the birds. He was really scared and the Centipede encouraged him in an aggressive but funny way. James’ plan worked exactly as he said and everyone got really happy to have caught 502 seagulls who lifted the peach from the sea. 

The story starts to get even more surreal when the peach flies up to the sky. James and the creatures found the ‘Cloud-Men’. I haven’t finished reading this section and I hope to understand it better, but it seems that they are the ones who make hailstones during the winter and they practice during the summer.

227 words

1 comment:

  1. Patty,
    I hope you continue to enjoy this book. Excellent job! Your mark is: 100.
    Regards,
    TB

    ReplyDelete

Report 4: KonoSuba: God’s Blessings on this Wonderful World!

  As the fourth part of this review, Konosuba’s major events are really punctual and can be listed in four particular junctions of the story...