Friday, November 26, 2021

Reading Report 4: James and the Giant Peach

    Today, I finished the cutest story I had ever read. James and the Giant Peach is a novel that, without taking you apart from the real world, will give you a new magical perspective about little things that surround us every day and will respond to any doubt children may have about nature and life. What are bugs’ personalities like? How are rainbows made? What is above the clouds? If you are willing to answer these questions, do not hesitate to read this marvelous book.

    Although there are many characters in the story, I did not feel identified with any of them. However, I loved them all. My favorite ones were the Old Green Grasshopper and Miss Spider because they looked like the parents of the group of creatures, who also have very funny personalities. Besides, James is a really cute kid that any child will feel identified with.

    For sure, the content of the story is intended for the general public. It is very engaging and easy to read. However, there are moments in which a specific character says bad words sporadically. The Centipede is a grumpy character that tends to criticize the Earthworm by using language, which to my taste, is inappropriate for children.

    All in all, the story is amazing and I highly recommend it as a reading resource for middle or high school teachers. In the case of elementary students, the only recommendation would be to check the language and adapt the swear words for a different expression. 

252 words

1 comment:

  1. Patty,
    This is an amazing piece of work. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience of reading this book. I hope this kind of practice has helped you to further develop your language skills. Your mark is: 100.
    TB

    ReplyDelete

Report 4: KonoSuba: God’s Blessings on this Wonderful World!

  As the fourth part of this review, Konosuba’s major events are really punctual and can be listed in four particular junctions of the story...